So! – You Want a Good Website?
Modern websites are the “Yellow Pages” of today. Consumers, businesses, well, everyone who can punch into a keyboard will go to a website to find out information. Websites are that source. In this day and age, with digital competition at an all-time high, just what is it that will take your website to the next level? What will make your website stand out and be better than your competitor’s?
It all comes together in 7 easy steps:
- A Strong but Limited Colour Palette — Colour is one of the very first things that babies respond to. It’s one of the first things we learn about as toddlers. Indeed, colour schemes and colour usage are two crucial elements when designing modern websites. A strong colour combination will lend cohesiveness to the business to client relationship as your clients will associate your chosen colours with you. The crucial mistake to avoid is the use of TOO many colours. Incorporating a visual rainbow will become distracting and will take away the focus from your products and the message you are trying to convey. Keep your colours bright and vibrant, or soft and mellow, but keep it simple.
- You Need Lots of White Space – Everyone needs space, and this goes for websites as well. A strong website will also keep plenty of white space. But just what is, “white space”? It’s literally a white space that acts as a buffer between the elements on your page. Your information needs space to breathe. A crowded website overflowing with information is not easy on the eyes.
- Relevant Calls-to-Action – Turning leads into clients is really the #1 goal of a good website because it’s your website that is connecting your business to the people that are interested in what it is you have to offer. This is why you need to incorporate “calls-to-action” on your website. These can be: email subscription forms, free downloadable E-Books or whitepapers, free product forms, free consultations, or other forms of invites. Key placement of these relevant CTAs is crucial – place them at the end of blog posts, in the sidebars, and in your resources page.
- Clean Backend Coding – You can’t have a website without the backbone of it which is the CODING! Simply put, a website just can’t perform properly without great coding. You need to have or be looking for a skilled designer who knows how to code a site so that it functions flawlessly, loads quickly, and navigates effectively for converting visitors into leads and leads into customers. If you have clean backend coding, it’s easy to locate and fix any issues that may come up. Note: ADFUEL Media Inc. offers phenomenal Web Design and Maintenance Services.
- Design for the User First – Websites MUST be user-friendly! Your site should be designed for the user, not so that you get better rankings. The #1 mistake that companies make is to design sites that are “good” for Google but bad for the user. A company’s biggest priority should be that its site is user-friendly before it should concern itself of just how high it is ranking on a Search Engine Results Page. Google can figure out on its own just who is coming back to visit your site because those users keep coming back and spending more time. At the onset is when you should place your content above SEO to ensure that your site is optimized for the user. This way you can build a loyal group of recurring visitors.
- SEO-Boosting Elements – Although websites should be designed with the user first in mind, SEO is very important as well. You can improve the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your site with modern design elements. Using tricks like meta tags, title tags, heading tags, and other HTML coding will help your site move right up to the top of Google’s search engine. Keep your site relevant and ranked by filling out, tweaking and optimizing these elements.
- Speed Optimization — One of the most important design elements in any site is speed! In today’s society of instant gratification, people want what they want NOW. If they don’t get it, they will leave your site and probably never return. No business wants prospects and leads to disappear and think negatively of your brand because your website is slow.
Follow these tips to ensure that your website is fully optimized:
- No matter how small a photo, OPTIMIZE IT!
- Enable compression so that files will be smaller and quicker to open.
- Minimize HTTP requests in Google Chrome’s Developer Tools.
- Whether you choose shared hosting, VPS hosting, or a dedicated server, make sure you choose the proper hosting options.
These 7 elements will help you have the best website ever!
Here at ADFUEL Media Inc., we create and maintain kick-ass website designs that will help you attract new visitors, generate leads, and convert those prospects into loyal customers!
Contact us at: 905-356-7283